Monday 19 December 2011

To roll your eyes at someone :P


Today, I was in a meeting and someone used the expression "To roll your eyes at somebody" How do we, chileans, say that expression in Chilean Spanish? Wow...I can think of so many ways to do so. There are many ways to express this idea. Of course, some of them may sound very polite and others just suck!
There is one expression in Chilean Spanish which is closely related to our cultural way to refer to things in general. Many people use the verb "CUARTEAR" (that is the infinitive of the verb) to refer to the action of rolling your eyes at someone. Most of the times, men roll their eyes at women. Rolling your eyes at somebody may mean many things; the most common meaning has to do with a sexual connotation.
It depends on you if you roll your eyes at people. I don't know if Obama was doing so in the following picture. Former italian president (Berlusconni) was also caught rolling his eyes at a woman. I hope you like my explanations on the language. I'll try to provide more details next time :D

No comments:

Post a Comment